Thursday, June 7, 2012
Nintendo have announced New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS. in this game, as well as saving Princess Peach, Mario has to collect the gold coins that are covering the Mushroom Kingdom. the game records all the coins the player collects throughout the game, so as well as finishing a level in a certain time you can try to collect the most coins as well. the game features a new power up, a Gold Flower that gives Mario the ability to turn most things into gold coins. the Raccoon suit is also back and fans can buy the game on 19th August in a store or via the eShop.
Platinum Games and Nintendo have announced Project P-100 for the Wii U. in Project P-100, enormous aliens have invaded the earth and it's up to heroes to save the day. but, alone the heroes are too short to attack them, but together the heroes can work together and morph into powerful weapons and shields to attack the aliens. the heroes can also morph into objects like a bridge to traverse the environment. use the GamePad to explore the world outside what you can see on the TV to find more people to morph with and to solve puzzles.
Nintendo have announced they are publishing SiNG by FreeStyleGames. coming this holiday season to the Wii U, SiNG brings karaoke to your living room. the GamePad can be used in party mode to receive lyrics freeing you from the TV. the game supports up to 2 players single together, they can both be evaluated in Sing mode.
• Players can play using Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk-based controls or the Wii U GamePad controller. With new intuitive controls that make it possible to aim at objects directly, players can command their tiny, yet powerful, squads in different ways.
• The GamePad acts as an overhead map and radar to track Pikmin movements in real time. Players can slide a finger across the touch screen to quickly switch between areas, giving greater flexibility in commanding multiple groups of Pikmin.
• The greater processing and HD capabilities of the Wii U console are put to extensive use, resulting in a more intricately designed world, enhanced ant-like movement of the Pikmin and precisely detailed overhead views for enabling easier strategic use of the Pikmin.
• After completing a stage, the replay feature allows players the option to review their results using the GamePad and TV. Fast-forward, rewind or pause while assessing the previous mission to decide on other paths.
• In addition to the five original types of Pikmin encountered in previous games, the new Rock Pikmin bring powerful new abilities and are able to crack hard outer shells of enemies and break through solid barriers.• Mission Mode challenges players to earn the most treasure in a given time.
Nintendo have detailed the new Wii Fit game coming to the Wii U. Wii Fit U uses the GamePad, WiiMote, And a new peripheral called the Fit Meter. the Fit Meter comes with the game and it counts the steps you take during the day whilst your away from the Wii Fit. the game has over 20 new activities that make use of the Wii Balance Board and/or the GamePad. you can also play the game by just using the GamePad and not the TV. if you have save data from the Wii Games, you can carry that data over and include your Mii's.
5th Cell and Warner Bros. have announced Scribblenauts Unlimited for the Wii U. this new Scribblenauts lets players create their own objects, has over 40 levels to play through, and features a multiplayer mode where friends can pick up a WiiMote and take control of an object.
- All-New Unbound World: Explore an open universe consisting of 41 levels with 50+ starites and 500+ starite shards accounting for 20+ hours of gameplay, and unlimited hours using every level as a playground.
- Object Creation and Sharing: Not impressed by an “angry, polka-dotted shark”? How about a “zombie, robotic skateshark” that breathes fire? It’s all possible with the new object creator. Use them in your game to solve puzzles and share them online with your friends, while modifying their own creation to your liking.
- Object Library: Store previously summoned objects and your own creations in Maxwell’s “magic backpack” for easy access and future use.
- Multiplayer Mode: Play with a friend! Drop in using a Wii Remote and take control of any object in game.
- Merit Board: Each world comes with a comprehensive list of hints, including the new “Starite Vision” helper highlighting all nearby starites and starite shards.
- HD Graphics: The game features beautiful high-definition hand-drawn scenery and objects.
Fronzenbyte have announced they are bringing Trine 2 to the Wii U launch as Trine 2: Directors Cut. this new version features a new mode called Magic Mayhem as well as gameplay polish and improvements over Trine 2.
- “The Developers' vision” fully formed
- Improved gameplay and a myriad of level changes
- Over 100 minor changes to the original game, including improved gameplay, level changes, new vocals and character interactions and user experience improvements
- New control system designed for the Wii U
- Special multiplayer features for the New Controller and support for up to three Wii Remote™ controllers.
- Improved console graphics only available on the Wii U
- New collectible shards that unlock a new non-campaign game level featuring all-new puzzles
- Campaign support for the new skills in The Goblin Menace expansion
Trine 2: Magic Mayhem (included in the Director’s Cut):
- An all-new “party mode” for up to 4 players
- Online or offline multiplayer
- More details to be announced soon
Ubisoft have announced ZombiU, a Zombie game set in London for the Wii U. in ZombiU you have to survive London and it's labyrinth of streets and tube tunnels...all surrounded by Zombies.
- TWO SCREENS, TWICE THE FEAR – Feel the tension mount as you try to keep an eye on your TV and controller screen.
- SURVIVAL-HORROR AT ITS BEST – Resources are in short supply while your enemies are legion; you never know when you will find more weapons, ammunition, first aid and food. Use them wisely!
- DON’T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR BOB: The Wii U new controller becomes your Bug-Out Bag; the ultimate all-in-one survival kit for your tools, inventory, med kits, maps and more.
- UNIQUE DEATH MECHANIC – If you die, you wake up to play an entirely new character who is another survivor in the same terrifying position. You will want to recover your old BOB, now worn by the last character you played...who is now a zombie!
- HORDE AT YOUR DOOR – Prepare yourself for the inevitable onslaught. Stock up on guns, ammo and supplies, and lock down your Safe House! It’s time to defend your home against the ravenous, infected horde!
- SURVIVORS VS. ZOMBIES – An adversarial multiplayer mode where one player takes over the role of Zombie Master (top-down view) spawns enemies and springs traps with a simple touch on the Wii U new controller; while a second player (first-person view) fights for survival with the Classic Controller!
- MERCY KILLER – When your character gets infected, your online friends are alerted of your death and can come and hunt down your zombified character to loot the gear in your BOB and put you out of your misery!
- BASED IN LONDON – A city steeped in grisly history, royal secrets and bloody tales, where the medieval fortress of the Tower of London and the stately Buckingham Palace contrast with the modernity of the world’s most cosmopolitan city!
Ubisoft have announced they are bringing the Just Dance series to the Wii U as Just Dance 4. this Wii U Launch title. Just Dance 4 features 40 new songs, new dances, and new features. A Wii U Feature is using the GamePad to create your own playlists, choose the next song, write on the screen, take pictures and share them with your friends. there is also a mode called Puppet Master where the player with the GamePad sets the dances. Just Dance 4 also supports using just the GamePad to play the game, so you don't need to have the TV screen to play you can just use the one on the GamePad.
Just Dance 4 is also coming out on the Wii in October.